Come and experience how people have been travelling for over 100 years on this unique and historical Llandudno institution.
The journey begins at Victoria Station, a short distance from Llandudno’s seaside and pier. Climb aboard one of our beautifully restored tramcars and start your ascent through the winding roads of the Great Orme.
What you need to know before you come
- It is not possible to book tickets in advance.
- We may have to stop selling return tickets after 5pm to make sure all passengers can make the return trip from the Summit.
- Please be considerate and keep a reasonable distance from other passengers while you are waiting for the tram.
- You must wear a face covering at the station and while travelling on the tram, unless you are medically exempt.
- Please follow all instructions given by the tramway staff. These are for your safety.
Our Summit Station ticket office is now open – you can buy single or return tickets for a journey starting at the Great Orme summit. Tickets also still available at Victoria Station.
What happens when I arrive at Victoria Station?
- Follow the signed route into the station.
- A member of staff will call the first group of passengers in the queue to buy tickets from the ticket office. You can buy a single or return ticket.
- When the platform boarding space is free, our staff will direct you towards the tramcar.
What happens at Halfway Station?
- You will change trams at Halfway Station. Please follow the instructions to walk through the station to the upper platform.
What happens at the Summit Station?
- When you arrive at the Summit Station, you will leave the tram in a one way system and be directed to the exit. Please follow the tram attendant’s instructions.
What happens on the return journey from Summit Station to Victoria Station?
- Because there are no set times for return tickets, you may have to wait at the Summit Station. A member of staff will keep you updated on waiting times. Please allow plenty of time for your return journey.
- A member of staff will call the first group of waiting passengers and direct you towards the tramcar. The tram attendant will help you to board.
- At the Halfway Station, you will change trams. Please follow the instructions to walk through the station to the lower platform.
- When you arrive at Victoria Station, please follow staff instructions to leave the tram and exit the station.